Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Made from leftover braised pork.
Check out this video: Family Meals on a Budget
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 pounds leftover pork in 2-inch thick slices
- Cole Slaw
- 1 can baked beans
Instructions:In a large saucepan over high heat, stir together BBQ sauce and chicken stock. Add leftover pork. Bring to a boil, lower to simmer, cover and cook about 1-1/2 hours, or until the pork is falling apart. Remove from liquid, let cool about 5 minutes. Using 2 forks, pull the pork apart. Return to pan and stir.
Place about 1/2 cup of leftover pork onto bun, add beans and cole slaw.
- Half head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 or 4 scallions roughly chopped, or half red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Pinch sugar
Instructions:In a large bowl, combine ingredients and stir well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced (add more or less depending on how much heat you enjoy)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes (or 3 medium tomatoes, chopped)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken stock or water