Pumpkin Bread with Warm Caramel Sauce
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
by Rondi Hillstrom Davis
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, wheat flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Add the melted butter, pumpkin puree, water, and vanilla. Mix well.
5. Add the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
6. Add the chocolate chips.
7. Pour into floured and greased loaf pans.
8. For mini loaf pans, bake 35-40 minutes.
For a standard sized loaf pan, bake 45-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.