Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 3 eggs
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pie shell
Instructions:Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, salt, and spices. Stir in the pumpkin. Gradually add the milk.
Separate one of the eggs. Beat together the two whole eggs and 1 egg yolk. Add to the pumpkin. In a separate bowl, beat the egg white until stiff. Fold into the pumpkin mixture.
Pour into the pie shell. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Serve warm or cooled.