pumpkin streusel loaf
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Topping: 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped California Walnuts
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cold butter
- Loaf: 2 cups (500 mL) Five Roses Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin pur
Combine walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Reserve. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Stir flour with sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Makea well in dry ingredients.
Whisk pumpkin with sour cream, honey, melted butter, vanilla and eggs. Mix into dry ingredients until just blended. Scrape batter into a buttered 9 x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan. Sprinkle with topping.
Bake for 1 hour or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan15 minutes. Turn out onto a rack.
* To replace Break-Free Liquid Eggs with whole eggs, please consult the conversion chart on the manufacturer's Web site:www.burnbraefarms.com