Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
From The Inn at Ormsby Hill, Manchester Center, VT
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 tablespoons dry, plain bread crumbs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups cooked, pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup toasted and finely chopped walnuts
Instructions:Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 10-cup Bundt pan. Add bread crumbs and shake the pan to evenly coat the sides and central tube. Tap out excess crumbs.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, molasses, eggs, and pumpkin together until blended. At low speed, gradually add dry ingredients. When all dry ingredients are incorporated, fold in walnuts. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the cake top is springy to the touch.
Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Invert and let cool to room temperature. Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.