Puree of Celeriac
Smooth, rich celeriac purée makes a sophisticated partner for roast game hens or quail.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 medium celeriacs
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (approximately)
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Generously butter an ovenproof serving dish. Peel and quarter the celeriacs and drop them into a large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble for 20 minutes or until tender. Force through a food mill, allowing the puree to fall into a large bowl.
2. Add the butter and stir until melted. Blend in the rum, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and pepper. Gradually stir in as much of the cream as necessary to form a smooth, thick puree. Pour into the prepared dish and bake for 10 to 15 minutes to warm through.