Quick and Easy Salmon Patties
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A good recipe for a cold winter night, and the perfect last-minute supper when you don't have time to shop.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, bones and skin removed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely crushed crackers or dry bread crumbs
- Crisco or canola oil for frying
Instructions:Drain the salmon, setting aside 2 tablespoons of the liquid. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the salmon and 2 tablespoons liquid, the egg, onion, flour, and baking powder. Mix well. Form into small patties and coat the patties with the crushed crackers.
Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet. Fry the patties until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Drain well and keep warm while frying the remaining patties. Serve warm.