Raita Cucumber-Yogurt Salad
Yield: Serves 4 to 6.
A curry meal almost begs for the contrast of a cool refreshing dish. This raita serves that need nicely. Indian raitas are made of various main ingredients, bananas among them, but cucumber is by far the most frequently used.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled or unpeeled
- 1 pint plain yogurt
- Scant teaspoon ground cumin
- Scant teaspoon ground coriander
- Scant teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Scant teaspoon red pepper (used primarily for color; substitute thinly sliced fresh hot red peppers or finely chopped tomato if desired)
- Fresh coriander (cilantro), for garnish