Randi Baird's Beet and Watercress Salad with Champagne and Orange Vinaigrette
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The first beets from Randi's garden are the centerpiece of this earthy and satisfying salad.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 pound beets
- Champagne and Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled strong blue cheese (such as Stilton)
Instructions:Heat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse the beets under cold water, then place them in a small baking dish with 1/2 inch of water. Cover and bake until beets are tender, about 45 minutes. Drain water and let beets cool. Peel, then slice into 1/4-inch rounds or wedges.
In a small bowl, combine beets and vinaigrette. Arrange the watercress on a serving platter or six individual plates. Then top with the beets, walnuts, and blue cheese.
Champagne and Orange Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste