Rapini with Fresh Ginger
Yield: Serves 4
Rapini sautéed with garlic and fresh ginger acquires an Oriental flavor. Serve with roast pork or grilled veal chops.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1-1/2 pounds rapini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil (dark)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed
Instructions:1. Rinse the rapini and pat dry. Cut the heads, tender stems, and leaves from the center stalk. Cut large leaves in two and set aside. Cut the stalks into 1/2-inch lengths.
2. In a small bowl, combine the water and sesame seed oil and set aside. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the ginger and garlic and stir briefly over high heat. Add the rapini stems, stalks, and heads and toss to coat. Pour in the water and oil mixture. Cover the pan and reduce the heat. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until the stalks are crisp-tender. Add the rapini leaves. Increase the heat and stir continuously until all the liquid is evaporated. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with sesame seed.