Red Cabbage (Wok Method)
Yield: Serves 6.
Bruce uses his homemade apple butter as a thickening agent in this crunchy, sweet-sour dish, which he tops with poached apples.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 head of red cabbage (about 2 pounds)
- Olive oil to cover bottom of wok
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions (more if you like)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup apple butter
- Equal parts of vinegar and sugar (or honey) to taste
- 1 Cortland apple, cored but not peeled, cut in thin slices
- 1 cup water or white wine
- 1/3 cup sugar