Red Radish Canapes
Yield: Serves 8
- 1 bunch red radishes
- 1 small package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices thin white bread
Instructions:1. Rinse the radishes and pat them dry. Using a processor or a butcher's knife, chop the radishes very fine.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, and salt. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Cut 1-1/2- to 2-inch rounds from the bread with a biscuit or canape cutter. Lightly spread each round with the whipped cream cheese. Generously sprinkle on the chopped radishes so that no cream cheese shows through. Press down gently to ensure that the radishes adhere. Arrange on a tray. Cover with plastic wrap and chill lightly.