Red Radish Soup
Yield: Serves 6
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 green onions, white portion only, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 bunches red radishes, rinsed, trimmed, and quartered
- 1/4 cup long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unflavored yogurt
- Finely chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Instructions:1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onions and toss to coat evenly. Stir over medium heat until the onions are tender. Pour in the chicken broth. Add the radishes and rice. Cover the pan and cook at a gentle bubble for 20 minutes or until the radishes and rice are tender.
2. Pour into the container of a blender or processor and whirl until smooth. Return to the saucepan. Stir in the ginger and lemon juice and blend in the yogurt. Place over low heat and warm gently, but do not allow the soup to boil. Serve garnished with finely chopped parsley.