Rhubarb and Spinach Salad
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Lightly cooked slices of rhubarb are spooned atop spinach leaves and veiled with a warm sweet-and-sour dressing.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 stalks rhubarb, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 to 20 spinach leaves
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
Instructions:1. Place the rhubarb in a wide saucepan. Sprinkle on the sugar and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for exactly 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour through a large sieve into a bowl. Return the liquid to the pan. Stir in the vinegar, salt, and pepper and place over high heat. Cook, uncovered, until the mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup.
2. Meanwhile, divide the spinach among 4 salad plates. Arrange the rhubarb over the spinach. When the liquid is reduced, remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the oil. Pour over the salads and serve at once.