Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
In this strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe, the familiar combination of rhubarb and fresh strawberries is baked under a light crumbly crust. Serve warm with slightly softened vanilla ice cream spooned over the top.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1-1/2 pounds rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Generously butter an 8-inch square baking dish. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rhubarb and strawberries and toss to mix. Sprinkle on the tapioca, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of the flour. Stir gently and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining cup flour, rolled oats, the granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to blend thoroughly. Pour on the melted butter and toss with a fork to create a crumbly mixture. Scatter over the rhubarb and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the rhubarb is tender when pierced and the crust is lightly browned.