* 1/4 + cup mayonnaise, more to less for desired consistency
* 1 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham (about on 8 oz pkg)
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons pickle relish, drained (dill or sweet relish)
* 1 teaspoon horseradish, optional and to taste
* 1 teaspoon prepared mustard, optional and to taste
Egg Salad Filling
* 4 hard cooked eggs, finely chopped
* 1-2 teaspoons prepared mustard
* 1-2 teaspoons horseradish, or to taste
* 2-4 tablespoons mayonnaise, more or less
* Salt and pepper to taste
Cream Cheese Frosting
* 2 packages (8 oz ea) cream cheese, softened
* 4-6 tablespoons evaporated milk, more or less
Select loaves of thinly sliced bread (half white and half whole wheat makes a nice mix). Prepare fillings below. Spread a different filling on 3 separate slices of bread; stack slices on top each other; top with a slice of bread. Wrap and chill well. When ready to serve, prepare and spread cream cheese topping on top; cut crusts from sandwich stack; cut into thin ribbon sandwiches, or cut into triangle/rectangular finger sandwiches. Garnish with sprigs of parsley, thin slices cucumbers, sliced olives, etc. Fillings may also be spread on small finger buns or piped into small puffs.
Pimiento Cheese Filling:
Place cream cheese, pimiento and cheddar in food processor, blend. Add enough mayonnaise to create desired consistency. May partially thin with evaporated milk; may add minced garlic or garlic powder and minced dill pickle if desired.
Combine all ingredients in food processor and mix well.
Egg Salad Filling:
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
beat together to create desired spreadable consistency.
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.