Roasted Chicken With Asian Flavors
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon sherry
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 3-pound chicken
- 1. In a shallow dish large enough to hold the chicken, mix the soy sauce, peanut and sesame oils and sherry. Add the garlic, salt, ginger and five-spice powder. Mix well. Rub the chicken inside and out with the mixture.
Marinate, lightly covered, for at least 2 hours, and up to 24 hours, in the refrigerator, basting and turning frequently.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and wipe well to remove the marinade. Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Strain the marinade through a sieve; discard the solids and spoon the liquid over the chicken. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 45 to 50 minutes, basting frequently, or until a meat thermometer registers 158 to 160 degrees when inserted in the thigh and the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings