Roasted Summer Vegetables
Yield: Makes 6 servings.
- 4 large unpeeled potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or rosemary
- 1 cup baby carrots, trimmed
- 1/2 pound pattypan or other squash slices
- 4 peppers, red, yellow, or green, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In 13x9 pan, toss potatoes and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and herbs. Roast 15 minutes. Add carrots, squash, peppers, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and half the lemon slices. Roast 45 minutes more, turning vegetables until tender. Garnish with lemon slices.