Roasted Vegetable Salad
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini
- 2 large Chinese eggplants, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 medium shallots, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook rotini according to package directions. Rinse in cold water; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl combine eggplant, red pepper, zucchini, carrot, tomatoes, shallots, garlic and basil; mix lightly. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil; toss to coat.
3. Spread mixture in 15x10-inch baking pan. Roast 35 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
4. In large bowl, combine rotini, roasted vegetables, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and vinegar; toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.