Roasted Vegetable Salsa
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Total Time: 20
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 small eggplant, unpeeled, cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- Kernels from 2 ears yellow corn
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (any combination of basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Instructions:Heat the oven to 450°. Lightly oil a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
Place the eggplant in a colander and sprinkle generously with salt. Let it stand as you prepare the remaining vegetables, about 15 minutes, then rinse well and pat dry. Place vegetables in the pan, keeping like vegetables together in sections. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs; drizzle with olive oil.
Bake 10 minutes, then give the vegetables a thorough but gentle stir. Bake 5 to 10 additional minutes, or until vegetables are tender and just begin to caramelize (some will brown a bit); cool slightly. Drizzle with lemon juice, season to taste with additional salt and pepper, and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.