Rosemary Cocktail Muffins with Maple Onion Jam & Smoked Turkey
Yield: 65 1-1/2-inch muffins
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey breast, sliced into 1-inch strips
- Maple Onion Jam:
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, Grade B or Dark Amber
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time and beat until fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, until blended. Fold in raisins, orange zest, rosemary, and walnuts. Grease mini-muffin tins and spoon batter into cups, filling halfway. Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes and remove from tins.
Maple Onion Jam:
Cut onion in half and slice thinly. Heat oil in pan, add onions, turn down heat, and cook slowly until onions are golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool. Coarsely chop onions, and stir in maple syrup.
Slice each muffin in half. Spread both cut sides of muffin with maple onion jam. Fold a strip of turkey, place on muffin half, and replace top.