Russian Apple Pie
Yield: 8 servings
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- pastry for a 2-crust pie
- 8 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 4 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons cherry jam or currant jelly
Instructions:Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium saucepan combine the sliced apples, raisins, sugar, wine, orange rind, and almonds. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, gently stirring once or twice. Remove from the heat and stir in the jam or jelly. Cool.
Spoon the cooled mixture into the bottom crust and cover with a top crust. Bake for 45 minutes.