Rutabaga and Potato Puree
Yield: Serves 8
- 1-1/2 pounds rutabaga, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 pounds mealy potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup medium or whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Instructions:1. Place the rutabaga in a steam basket and cook over boiling water for 15 minutes. Add the potatoes and continue steaming for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until both vegetables are tender. Force through a food mill to purée and set aside.
2. In a wide saucepan, combine the cream, butter, and honey and heat until the butter is melted. Whisk to blend thoroughly. Stir in the ginger.
3. Gradually add the rutabaga and potato purée, beating with a wooden spoon over medium heat. When light and fluffy, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish.