Total Time: 30
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 3/4 pound haricots verts or other small green beans
- 1 pound small new potatoes, unpeeled
- Garlic Vinaigrette
- 4 large eggs
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1 12-1/2-ounce can oil-packed tuna
- 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 pound Nicoise olives or other small ripe olives
- 6 to 8 whole anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
Instructions:Cook haricots verts in a small amount of boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain beans and immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover about 15 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and cool, then cut into quarters. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons Garlic Vinaigrette; set aside.
Place eggs in a single layer in a small saucepan; add water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, in hot water 15 minutes. Immediately pour water off and rinse eggs in cold water. Tap eggs gently and peel under cold running water. Cut into quarters; set aside.
Line a serving platter or individual plates with lettuce. Arrange haricots verts, potatoes, eggs, tuna, fennel, onion, tomatoes, olives, and anchovies, if desired, over lettuce in a decorative pattern of your choice. Sprinkle with capers. Serve with Garlic Vinaigrette.
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Instructions:In a food processor, pulse together all ingredients except oil until well blended. With the processor on, pour in oil in a thin, steady stream until smooth.
Yield: about 1 cup.