Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 cup sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1/2 cup natural soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 12-ounce salmon filet, cut in two 6-ounce pieces
Instructions:1. Prepare the marinade by mixing the sake, soy sauce (a reduced-sodium variety if you prefer), ginger, garlic and brown sugar together in a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade.
2. Rinse the salmon filets under cold water, place in a glass or ceramic dish and pour the marinade over it. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours, spooning the liquid over any exposed parts of the fish once or twice.
3. Prepare the grill or preheat the broiler to high heat.
4. Remove the fish from the marinade and place on foil on the grill or a broiler pan. Broil or grill until done, being careful not to overcook.
5. Pour reserved marinade over fish and serve at once.