TABLE OF CONTENTS
You can make big batches of her fresh salsa every summer, sometimes substituting fresh lemon juice for the vinegar. Most of it will get eaten right away, but you may manage to put up a few jars for the winter. Get basic canning instructions and tips.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 cups peeled, finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped green or red bell peppers
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 jalapeno or other hot chili pepper, minced, plus more to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup apple-cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together. Taste, add extra jalapeno and salt if you like, and serve.