Salsify with Chive Butter
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Fresh chives impart a complementary flavor to salsify sautéed in butter.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1-1/2 pounds salsify, peeled and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Instructions:1. Place the salsify in a nonreactive saucepan and immediately add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Stir in the lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the salsify is tender when pierced. Do not allow the salsify to cook to the mushy stage.
2. Drain in a colander set under cold running water. Shake gently to remove as much water as possible.
3. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the salsify and toss to coat. Stir over medium heat until the salsify is lightly golden, but do not allow it to brown. Sprinkle on the salt, pepper, and chives. Continue stirring over medium heat for 30 seconds to allow the chives to release their flavor, then serve.