Sauage and apples
- 2 pounds kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced into rings
- 3/4 onion, sliced into rings
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Place half the sausage in a slow cooker, and top with the sauerkraut. Cover with the remaining sausage, apples, and onion. Top with the potatoes. Pour chicken broth over all, and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
Cover, and cook on High 4 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Top each serving with Swiss cheese.