Sauteed Belgian Endive
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 medium heads Belgian endive
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Instructions:1. Trim the Belgian endive and slice the heads into thin rounds. Separate the rounds into shreds.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the Belgian endive and toss to coat evenly. Pour in the wine and bring to a gentle bubble. Cover the pan and reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the parsley, salt, and pepper and increase the heat. Stirring constantly, cook the Belgian endive until most of the liquid is evaporated. Blend in the cream and cook until it is absorbed. Stir in the pecans and serve immediately.