Sautéed Carrots with Oregano
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Using a food processor makes it easy to prepare this simple yet elegant dish for Sautéed Carrots. Other fresh herbs, such as tarragon, parsley, or mint, may be substituted for the oregano.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the carrots, tossing to coat evenly. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
2. Pour on the water and cover the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until the carrots are crisp-tender. Add the butter and oregano and increase the heat. Cook, stirring, until all the liquid is evaporated from the pan. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.