savory carrot salad
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 4 Carrots, shredded (I have done this by hand, but a food processor sure saves time!)
- 2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- A dash or two of salt and pepper
Put shredded carrots in a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and pour over carrots. Gently toss. Taste and adjust with salt, pepper and extra vinegar and oil, if needed.
You can serve right away, or chill before serving. Beware that the carrots will start losing their crispness if you let it sit to long in the vinaigrette.