1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a small mixing bowl, beat
butter with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds. Add
brown sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add the 1-1/4
cups flour and the pecans. Beat just until combined (do not overbeat). Using
floured fingers, press dough onto the bottom and 1-1/2 inches up the side of
a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is lightly
browned. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan, stir together 1 cup
granulated sugar and the cornstarch. Stir in cranberries and the 1 cup
orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove half of the sauce (about 1 cup);
cool slightly. Cover and chill remaining sauce until ready to serve.
3. Pour the 1 cup sauce into a food processor or blender. Cover and process
or blend until smooth. Set aside.
4. For filling, in a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup
granulated sugar, the sour cream, and the 2 tablespoons flour. Beat on low
to medium speed until combined. Add eggs. Beat just until combined (do not
overbeat). Using a wooden spoon, stir in whipping cream, orange peel, the 1
tablespoon orange juice, and the 1 teaspoon vanilla (filling will be
5. Pour about half of the filling into the crust-lined pan. Drizzle with the
pureed sauce. Carefully pour remaining filling into pan, covering the sauce
as much as possible. Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake
about 1 hour or until the center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
6. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a thin narrow spatula,
loosen crust from side of pan. Cool cheesecake for 30 minutes. Remove side
of pan. Cool cheesecake for 1 hour more. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
7. Just before serving, spoon some of the chilled sauce on top of cheesecake
Cut cheesecake into wedges. Serve with remaining sauce
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.