Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 3 pounds leg of lamb or shoulder, cut in 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in 1-1/2-inch squares
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1-1/2-inch squares
- 1 large onion, cut in 1-1/2-inch squares
- cherry tomatoes
Instructions:Place the lamb in a large shallow baking dish. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over the lamb, cover, and marinate overnight in the refrigerator, turning once or twice.
Just before serving, preheat the broiler or prepare a fire in the barbecue. Arrange the meat and vegetables on separate skewers. (The meat takes longer to cook than the vegetables do.)
Broil or grill, turning and brushing with the marinade every few minutes. The meat will be done in about 10 minutes, the vegetables in 5 to 6 minutes. Serve at once.