* 3 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into large pieces
* 2 large onions, chopped
* 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
* 1-1/2 cups ketchup
* 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
* 1/3 cup lemon juice
* 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 2 to 3 teaspoons salt
* 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
* 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
* 12 to 14 sandwich rolls, split
Place meat in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onions and celery. In a bowl,
combine the ketchup, water, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown
sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard, paprika, chill powder, pepper and hot
pepper sauce. Pour over meat.
Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Remove meat; cool slightly.
Shred with a fork. Return to the sauce and heat through. Serve on
This recipe was submitted by one of our readers and has not been tested by our food editors. We are not responsible for errors in this recipe, but if you find one, please let us know.