Shrimp and Rice Fritters With Red Pepper Mayonnaise
Yield: Makes about 24.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 8 ounces fresh medium shrimp, cooked, peeked, deveined, and chopped or processed
- 3 cups cooked medium-grain rice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
Instructions:Whisk together egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of seafood seasoning in a medium bowl. Stir in the shrimp and rice. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into the rice mixture. Form the mixture into 2-1/2-inch patties. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fritters in batches and cook 2-1/2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Add oil as needed and repeat.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers
- 1-3/4 cups wasabi horseradish mayonnaise