Shrimp & Avocado Quesadillas
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 12-ounce bag small cocktail shrimp
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grape seed oil or olive oil
- 2 avocados, halved and thinly sliced
- shredded Italian cheese
- 6 small flour tortilla shells
- sour cream and salsa, optional
Instructions:Saute garlic, onion, and pepper in grape seed oil for about 5 minutes. Then add shrimp and heat just long enough for the shrimp to get hot, then set aside.
Place 1 tortilla in preheated skillet, add 1 layer of avocado slices on half the tortilla, add a couple spoonfuls of shrimp mixture on top of that, then sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortilla over in half and flip to brown both sides.
Repeat for all tortillas and serve with sour cream and/or salsa. Enjoy!