Shrimp Fra Diavolo with Penne Rigate
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper fl akes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, fi nely chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup dried white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 pound Barilla penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh fl at-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Instructions:Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon each
salt, pepper, and red pepper fl akes.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Add the shrimp and saute until just cooked through,
about 2 minutes. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon,
and set aside. Add the onion to the same skillet and