Shrimp Salad with Feta and Artichoke Hearts
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 pound jumbo raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 hot or mild chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 8 whole leaves Boston lettuce, rinsed and patted dry
Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil an 8-inch-square glass baking dish or large glass pie plate. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, chili pepper, 1 tablespoon of the oregano, sugar, and salt. Add shrimp to bowl, toss well, then pour contents into baking dish. Top with artichokes, crumbled feta, and red onion. Bake uncovered until shrimp is pink and just firm, about 25 minutes. Cool shrimp to room temperature, poor off excess liquid, and chill in refrigerator overnight.
To serve, arrange 8 whole lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Spoon some shrimp onto each leaf and garnish with remaining tablespoon of fresh oregano.