simple pot roast
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Simple Pot Roast
- Serves 6
- 3 Pounds Boneless Beef Chuck or Sirloin Tip or English Roasts
- 6 * Carrots or ½ Bag Baby Carrots
- 6 * Medium Potatoes
- 4 * Medium Onions or ½ Bag Frozen Pearl Onions
- Bay Leaf
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine
- ½ Tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
1. Peel and Clean Vegetables.
2. Melt Shortening in Skillet. Brown Meat on Both Sides.
3. Place Meat and Arrange Vegetables in Roaster, Onions and
Potatoes All Around its Sides, Carrots Tossed on Top of That. Salt &
Pepper Meat & Vegetables. (Lawry's Seasoning Salt Is Great)
4. To the Pan Meat Was Brown in Add 1 ½ Cups Water. Add Beef
Bouillon Cube and Cook until Dissolved. Pour over Roast. Add Water
Until 3/4" Deep in Roaster. (Prevents Drying Out.)Add Bay Leaf,
Worchestshire sauce and Red wine.
5. Cover and Bake in 325 Degree over for Approximately 3 Hours.
6. Crock Pot- Layer in Order
-Carrots 2" Sections
-Potatoes Red or White in Quarters or Small Chunks
-1/2 Onions & 1 Bay Leaf If Desired
-Seasoning Salt and 1/4 Cup Flour Coating for Both of the
Sides of Roast
-Rest of Onions Round the Outside Edges
-Add Step 4 Around Outside Edges Use Wine Here If You Want.
Cook on Low 8-10 Hours. The Roast Is Fall Apart Moist and Delicious,
And You Don't Do a Thing to it All Day!!