Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Sloppy Joe mixture keeps in the freezer up to three months. Freeze individual portions, then defrost as needed
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced coarse salt and ground pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
Instructions:In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add ground beef to skillet. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until it is no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes.
Stir tomato sauce, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce into beef mixture in skillet. Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes.
Season the mixture with more salt and pepper, as desired. Spoon onto buns, and serve immediately.