slow cook tamale pie
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 2 cups Chicken broth or bouillon
- 1 cup Yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, fresh - chopped
- 1/2 pound Pork sausage
- 1 pound Beef stew meat - 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery - finely chopped
- 1 Green Chile pepper, mild - seeded/chopped
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes - chopped
- 8 ounces Can whole-kernel corn - drained
- 1 can Ripe olives, sliced - drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Whole or halved pitted olives
Bring broth or bouillon to boil in medium saucepan.
Stirring constantly, slowly add cornmeal. Simmer mixture 5 minutes,
Stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro.
Using a greased spatula, spread cornmeal mixture on bottom and about
2 inches up sides of slow-cooker.
In large bowl, combine sausage, stew meat, onion, celery, chili
Pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, corn, sliced olives, salt and pepper.
Carefully spoon into center of cornmeal-lined pot.
Cover and cook on LOW 7-8 hours. Garnish with ripe olives.