Slow-Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
Yankee Plus Dec 2015
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- * 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- * 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- * 2 cups whole baby carrots
- * 2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- * 2 10 3/4 ounce can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- * 1 cup water
- * 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- * 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- * 2/3 cup milk
Instructions:1. Place the chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery into a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Stir the soup, water, thyme and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir the baking mix and milk in a medium bowl. Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the chicken mixture. Increase the heat to HIGH. Tilt the lid to vent and cook for 30 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked in the center. *Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.