- Snow Balls
- Roll these butter cookies in confectioners' sugar and colored sugars for a
- festive occasion.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' 's sugar
- Colored sugar sprinkles, optional
Cream butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until light. Add salt, vanilla
flour, and chopped pecans; mix well. Chill dough for 2 hours. Shape dough
into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes. While cookies are still warm, roll in
confectioners' sugar then in colored sugar.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies