Sour Cream Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- * 1 c. butter -- softened
- * 2 c. sugar
- * 4 eggs
- * 1 pint sour cream
- * 2 tsp. baking soda
- * 2 tsp. vanilla
- * 3 c. flour
- * 1 c. brown sugar
- * 2 tsp. cinnamon
- * 1/2 c. pecans -- chopped
Instructions:1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a tube pan with shortening.
2) Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add sour cream and mix well.
3) Add baking soda and vanilla and mix well. Then add flour, mixing just until incorporated.
4) Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts in a separate bowl.
5) In tube pan place 2/3 of batter and make sure it is even.
6) On top of that, place 2/3 of streusel and then remaining batter. Swirl with a knife.
7) Then top with remaining streusel.
8) Place 6 walnut halves evenly on top of cake (optional).
9) Bake for 1 hour. Cool for 1 hour in pan on wire rack (this is very important, do not try and remove warm cake from pan) and then remove from pan and cool completely on rack.