southern fried chicken
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- MARY'S SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN
- By Mary Going
- Disclaimer: This recipe isn't particularly hot, just darn good. I usually
- dip the fried chicken in Volcano Hot Sauce. I have never actually measured
- the ingredients.
- 1 c. Milk
- Tabasco hot sauce
- Chicken, unfrozen and skinless
- Oil for frying
- 2 c. Flour
- 4 T. Sugar
- (all of the following ingredients should be dried and ground)
- 1/4 t. Cinnamon
- 1/4 t. Coriander
- 1/4 t. Curry powder
- 1/4 t. Ginger
- 1 T cayenne pepper
- 1 t. Oregano
- 1 t. Garlic powder
- 1 t. Tarragon
- 1 t. Basil
Instructions:Mix Tabasco sauce, as much as you like, with the milk and soak the raw
chicken in this mixture for up to 10 hours, but no less than 15 minutes.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a flattish type of bowl.
Heat the oil to medium in a frying pan.
Remove the chicken parts one at a time from the milk mixture and coat with
the flour mixture. Place the coated chicken directly into the heated oil.
Once all the chicken has been coated, and is in the pan, turn the heat down
to 3 or so (a little above low) and cover. The chicken should be ready to
eat in about 15 or 20 minutes. The meat will start to pull away from the
bone when it's done.
Eat either cold or hot.
**~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~**