Spaghetti with Shallots and Ham
Yield: Serves 2
The delicate flavor and aroma of fresh shallots transform this quick-and-easy pasta dish into something very special.
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large shallots, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices smoked ham, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 pound spaghetti, boiled and drained
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. In a glass measuring cup, combine the wine, oregano, and basil. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the shallots and ham and stir over medium heat until the shallots are tender but not browned. Add the green bell pepper and cook briefly. The pepper should retain some of its crunch. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour on the wine mixture. Add the hot, drained spaghetti and toss to coat. Add the tomatoes and stir over medium heat. Sprinkle on the thyme and crumbled feta cheese. Cook only until the cheese begins to melt. Serve at once.