Yield: Serves 8
Josi S Kilpack
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 4 T sugar (1/4 c)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 T oyster sauce
- 2 t sesame oil (omit for less-spicy dish)
- 2 T vegetable oil, divided
- 5 eggs, mixed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (12 ozs) can of Spam, diced
- 1/2 c red pepper, diced
- 2 cups of corn, carrots, or peas (if using frozen, thaw first)
- 4 c rice, cooked and cooled (day-old works best)
Instructions:Mix sauce together and set aside.
In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 T oil on medium-high heat until hot. Scramble eggs. Remove from pan and set aside. Add another T of oil to wok. Heat, then add onion and diced Spam. Cook until Spam is crispy and onion is browned and transparent. Add sauce, red pepper, and vegetables. bring to a boil, and boil for one minute. Add rice and break up any clumps that have formed. Combine the ingredients and stir until color is uniform throughout. Add scrambled eggs. Mix to combine.