spice mix (faux Mrs Dash)
- Herb Salt Substitute Recipe
- Similar to the commercial Mrs. Dash mixture, use this salt substitute herb
- mix on all types of savory foods and you won't miss the salt at all.
- a.. 1 Tbsp ground cayenne pepper
- b.. 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- c.. 1 Tbsp onion powder
- d.. 1 tsp dried basil
- e.. 1 tsp dried oregano
- f.. 1 tsp dried thyme
- g.. 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- h.. 1 tsp dried savory
- i.. 1 tsp ground mace
- j.. 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- k.. 1 tsp dried sage
- l.. 1 tsp dried marjoram
- m.. 1 tsp ground dried grated lemon peel
Combine cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, thyme,
parsley flakes, savory, mace, black pepper, sage, marjoram, and lemon peel.
Mix well. Place in a glass airtight container and store in a cool, dark
place up to four months. Use on all types of savory foods.
Recipe may be easily multiplied.
Yield: about 1/3 cup