Spiced Pumpkin Streusel Bread
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- Topping: 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped California Walnuts
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cold butter
- Loaf: 2 cups (500 mL) Five Roses Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin pur
Combine walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Reserve. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Stir flour with sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Make a well in dry ingredients.
Whisk pumpkin with sour cream, honey, melted butter, vanilla and eggs. Mix into dry ingredients until just blended. Scrape batter into a buttered 9 x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan. Sprinkle with topping.
Bake for 1 hour or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan15 minutes. Turn out onto a rack.
* To replace Break-Free Liquid Eggs with whole eggs, please consult the conversion chart on the manufacturer's Web site:www.burnbraefarms.com