Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad
Login to add to your Recipe Box
Upload Your Photo
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 hot red chile , minced (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cucumbers , peeled, seeded (see related Tip), and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 scallions , white and light green parts, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves , chopped
- Table salt and ground black pepper
Instructions:1. Bring vinegar and sugar to boil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture reduces by half, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl and cool to room temperature.
2. Whisk in lime juice, ginger, chile, and sesame oil. Toss in cucumbers, scallions, and basil; season with salt and pepper, and let sit for 10 minutes or up to 1 hour. Serve.